Chennai sources added that an official said as many as 47 major temples in Tamilnadu run by the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department will get Food Safety and Standards Authority of India certification for their 'prasadam’. Accordingly prasadam, a material substance of food, is a religious offering and is normally consumed by devotees after offering prayers.
Meanwhile the exercise, aimed at ensuring quality and bringing in standardisation, began with the prasadam of the famous Sri Palani Murugan temple's (Dhandayuthapaniswamy temple) 'Panchamirtham' (a mix of banana, ghee, honey, sugar and dates). The official said "Palani Murugan temple was our pilot project. We have initiated the process of getting FSSAI certification in other 46 temples as well”.
Moreover the official said, "Quality assurance is our priority incidents
of people taking ill after consuming prasadam in some private temples drew our
attention and we decided to go in for licensing." Earlier in April this
year, two women died and over 30 people took ill after consuming prasadam
provided by a privately administered temple at Mettupalayam near Coimbatore. Moreover
Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple, Rameswaram Sri Ramanathaswamy temple, Srirangam
Ranganathaswamy temple and Tiruvannamalai Arunachaleswara temple are among the
major shrines of Tamilnadu.
Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO! As per report a man in Andhra Pradesh who found himself under a moving train had a miraculous escape on Saturday at Anantapur railway station. Meanwhile a video of the man lying down on the railway tracks while the train was seen moving over him has gone viral on social media.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45