Chennai sources added that an official said as many as 47 major temples in Tamilnadu run by the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department will get Food Safety and Standards Authority of India certification for their 'prasadam’. Accordingly prasadam, a material substance of food, is a religious offering and is normally consumed by devotees after offering prayers.
Meanwhile the exercise, aimed at ensuring quality and bringing in standardisation, began with the prasadam of the famous Sri Palani Murugan temple's (Dhandayuthapaniswamy temple) 'Panchamirtham' (a mix of banana, ghee, honey, sugar and dates). The official said "Palani Murugan temple was our pilot project. We have initiated the process of getting FSSAI certification in other 46 temples as well”.
Moreover the official said, "Quality assurance is our priority incidents
of people taking ill after consuming prasadam in some private temples drew our
attention and we decided to go in for licensing." Earlier in April this
year, two women died and over 30 people took ill after consuming prasadam
provided by a privately administered temple at Mettupalayam near Coimbatore. Moreover
Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple, Rameswaram Sri Ramanathaswamy temple, Srirangam
Ranganathaswamy temple and Tiruvannamalai Arunachaleswara temple are among the
major shrines of Tamilnadu.
TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter Meanwhile when taking to social media, Uttam had said, "Unlike KTR, who received everything on a platter due to his father and caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he is a first generation politician who worked hard to reach where he is. Meanwhile to say that KCR had any role isn’t just blatantly false, but also childish. You and your family have positions today because Congress gave Telangana."
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP