The External Affairs Minister of India, Smt. Sushma Swaraj had made an announcement on Friday that henceforth all passports in the country will not just be in English but will be in both English and Hindi languages. Sushma Swaraj has made the announcement during the occasion of passport seva divas held in New Delhi, as a new provision.
The external affairs minister has also announced a reduction by 10% in passport fees for applicants below 8 years and above 60 years of age. The parliament Committee had recommended Hindi language entries to be made in passports in the 9th report of Official Language, which was submitted way back in the year 2011.
After the President of India, Pranab
Mukherjee had approved the recommendations made in the report, a facility
was made which will facilitate applicants to apply online for passports in
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million