New Delhi sources stated that Finance minister Piyush Goyal took a dig at Shashi Tharoor, saying he did not understand the Congress leader's "foreign accent". Meanwhile while participating in the debate in the Lok Sabha on the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, Tharoor had attacked the government saying there was a "significant gap" between the government's rhetoric and action.
Accordingly he had launched a scathing attack on the Modi government saying Nirav Modi, who had fled the country after allegedly duping state run banks of crores of rupees, was photographed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Davos. Furthermore while replying to the debate on the bill, Goyal said he did not understand the "foreign English accent" of Tharoor.
Moreover he came to the Congress MP's defense,
saying "It is not fair on the part of the minister" to make such a
comment and when Parliamentary affairs Minister Ananth Kumar intervened in the
matter, Premachandran retorted that he had every right to do so, since the
minister had made an observation about a member of the Opposition. Furthermore prior
to his entry in politics, Tharoor served extensively at the United Nations,
where he had unsuccessfully contested for the UN Secretary General's post.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome