The parliament monsoon session's 4th sitting witnessed the government introducing six bills and passing two of them in Lok Sabha and three were taken for passing at Rajya Sabha. The Lok Sabha was not adjourned, but the Upper House was adjourned once for the special category status demand by Andhra Pradesh besides allegations by Congress regarding inappropriate usage of Central agencies.
This session has been functioning smoothly as both NDA and opposition have been participating in discussions. The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 were passed in Lok Sabha after initial discussions. The amendment in Negotiable Instruments Bill facilitates interim compensation payment in cases of cheque dishonor to avoid pending payments.
The teacher education Bill aims to recognize Central and state universities who have conducted unpermitted teacher education courses without the consent of National Council for Teacher Education. The Specific Relief (Amendment) Bill, 2017, was passed at Rajya Sabha and was passed by the Lok Sabha.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?