The parliament monsoon session's 4th sitting witnessed the government introducing six bills and passing two of them in Lok Sabha and three were taken for passing at Rajya Sabha. The Lok Sabha was not adjourned, but the Upper House was adjourned once for the special category status demand by Andhra Pradesh besides allegations by Congress regarding inappropriate usage of Central agencies.
This session has been functioning smoothly as both NDA and opposition have been participating in discussions. The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 were passed in Lok Sabha after initial discussions. The amendment in Negotiable Instruments Bill facilitates interim compensation payment in cases of cheque dishonor to avoid pending payments.
The teacher education Bill aims to recognize Central and state universities who have conducted unpermitted teacher education courses without the consent of National Council for Teacher Education. The Specific Relief (Amendment) Bill, 2017, was passed at Rajya Sabha and was passed by the Lok Sabha.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India