Sources from Ooty stated while train based tourism promotion in the Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR) has begun to pick up after a couple of recent new initiatives, passenger fare is all set to go up from October. As per report the good patronage for the summer specials this year and the recent train based picnic round trip between Ooty and Ketti with enhanced fare seems to have given confidence to the railway administration to go for a fare hike in NMR.
Meanwhile after stating that the time has come to go for a fare hike in this sector, Mr. U. Subbarao, divisional railway manager (DRM) at Salem, told DC in a conversation, that the proposed fare hike in NMR is from Mettupalayam-Ooty (per trip): first class existing fare Rs 195/- ; hike proposed is Rs 395/-., second class-Rs 30/- to Rs 130/-.,second class (unreserved)-Rs 15/- to `75/-.
Moreover Mettupalayam-Coonoor (per trip): first class-Rs 174/- to Rs 295/-,
second class-Rs 25/- to Rs 65/-., second class(unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 45/
and Coonoor to Ooty (per trip): first class-Rs 142/- to Rs 225/-., second
class-Rs 25/- to Rs 70/-.., second class (unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 35/-. He noted
“When compared with other hill railways over India the existing passenger fare
of NMR is lower. It is inevitable to increase the prevailing passenger fare on par
with expenditure incurred”. Further Mr. Subbarao added that the proposed fare
hike will come into effect in the NMR from October 8.
Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana? Reportedly congratulating KCR garu for winning the Assembly elections in Telangana,” said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon as it became clear that his nemesis K Chandrasekhar Rao was not just set for a comeback, but a sweeping victory in the Telangana polls.
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!