Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan inched closer to power today after a general election that has been marred by long delays in ballot counting and claims of rigging by opponents. Meanwhile with nearly half the votes counted from Wednesday's election, Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), or Pakistan Movement for Justice, was in a commanding lead in the nuclear-armed, Muslim nation.
Accordingly with 48% of the total vote counted, Khan's PTI was listed by the ECP in its provisional results as leading in 113 of 272 contested National Assembly constituencies. Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) was ahead in 64 constituencies, and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), led by the son of assassinated two times Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, led in 42 constituencies.
Reports added that shares
in Pakistan rose to their highest in more than three weeks in early trade
today, while the Pakistani rupee traded firmer at the open as the nation awaits
general election results. Furthermore with Imran Khan leading in a partial
count, the benchmark index was up 1.6% at 42,023.57 by 0542 GMT, giving up some
of its gains shortly after the opening, when it was up as much as 1.9%.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!