Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan inched closer to power today after a general election that has been marred by long delays in ballot counting and claims of rigging by opponents. Meanwhile with nearly half the votes counted from Wednesday's election, Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), or Pakistan Movement for Justice, was in a commanding lead in the nuclear-armed, Muslim nation.
Accordingly with 48% of the total vote counted, Khan's PTI was listed by the ECP in its provisional results as leading in 113 of 272 contested National Assembly constituencies. Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) was ahead in 64 constituencies, and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), led by the son of assassinated two times Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, led in 42 constituencies.
Reports added that shares
in Pakistan rose to their highest in more than three weeks in early trade
today, while the Pakistani rupee traded firmer at the open as the nation awaits
general election results. Furthermore with Imran Khan leading in a partial
count, the benchmark index was up 1.6% at 42,023.57 by 0542 GMT, giving up some
of its gains shortly after the opening, when it was up as much as 1.9%.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million