Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan inched closer to power today after a general election that has been marred by long delays in ballot counting and claims of rigging by opponents. Meanwhile with nearly half the votes counted from Wednesday's election, Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), or Pakistan Movement for Justice, was in a commanding lead in the nuclear-armed, Muslim nation.
Accordingly with 48% of the total vote counted, Khan's PTI was listed by the ECP in its provisional results as leading in 113 of 272 contested National Assembly constituencies. Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) was ahead in 64 constituencies, and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), led by the son of assassinated two times Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, led in 42 constituencies.
Reports added that shares
in Pakistan rose to their highest in more than three weeks in early trade
today, while the Pakistani rupee traded firmer at the open as the nation awaits
general election results. Furthermore with Imran Khan leading in a partial
count, the benchmark index was up 1.6% at 42,023.57 by 0542 GMT, giving up some
of its gains shortly after the opening, when it was up as much as 1.9%.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code