Chennai sources reported that as the heat and dust over the closure of Vedanta’s Copper smelting plant in Thoothukudi is yet to settle down even after the state government ordered its closure two months ago, the Copper Consumers Association of South India (CCASI) say their industries are getting choked up due to lack of supply of raw material.
Meanwhile the Sterlite plant’s closure has added to their woes in not meeting the requirements of consumers and has thinned down the workforce in many small scale industrial units in the form of retrenchment. Accordingly the association has demanded the government to ensure alternate source of procuring the raw material copper, and thereby help about 50,000 industries in India to survive.
Moreover the Winding Wires Manufacturers
Association of India president Sudhir Kumar Agarwal has claimed that the sudden
closure of Sterlite’s copper plant has resulted in huge loss to winding wire
industry and impacting the production of all electrical and electronic
equipment. Furthermore he added if the closure continues, the industry will be
forced to import copper at an additional cost of about 5% more than domestic
prices, resulting in cascading effect for the ultimate user and can be highly
Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja! Due to the rampage caused by Gaja cyclone, Nagapattinam district's Vedaranyam area has become an island surrounded by water all over. The people residing in Vedaranyam are facing a tough time, as they are facing troubles even in getting food and water. Now the condition is that it requires more than 6 hours taking resources like food and water into Vedaranyam.
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches