Chennai sources reported that as the heat and dust over the closure of Vedanta’s Copper smelting plant in Thoothukudi is yet to settle down even after the state government ordered its closure two months ago, the Copper Consumers Association of South India (CCASI) say their industries are getting choked up due to lack of supply of raw material.
Meanwhile the Sterlite plant’s closure has added to their woes in not meeting the requirements of consumers and has thinned down the workforce in many small scale industrial units in the form of retrenchment. Accordingly the association has demanded the government to ensure alternate source of procuring the raw material copper, and thereby help about 50,000 industries in India to survive.
Moreover the Winding Wires Manufacturers
Association of India president Sudhir Kumar Agarwal has claimed that the sudden
closure of Sterlite’s copper plant has resulted in huge loss to winding wire
industry and impacting the production of all electrical and electronic
equipment. Furthermore he added if the closure continues, the industry will be
forced to import copper at an additional cost of about 5% more than domestic
prices, resulting in cascading effect for the ultimate user and can be highly
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open