Today, a resolution was passed in the West Bengal state Assembly which proposed renaming of the state as Bangla in Bengali, English and Hindi. It has been said that this is a categorical move made by the West Bengal government to improve their position in the alphabetical sequence of state names where currently West Bengal is the last entry.
However, nothing is decided yet, as the west Bengal government will have to wait for receiving the approval of the resolution by the central government Home Ministry. It must be noted that previously the Central government had rejected the West Bengal government proposals to have multiple names Bengali name Bangla, English name Bengal and Hindi name Bangal.
In 2011, the West Bengal government lead by Mamata Banerjee had proposed to rename West Bengal as Paschim Bango but it was rejected by the central government.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue