Today, a resolution was passed in the West Bengal state Assembly which proposed renaming of the state as Bangla in Bengali, English and Hindi. It has been said that this is a categorical move made by the West Bengal government to improve their position in the alphabetical sequence of state names where currently West Bengal is the last entry.
However, nothing is decided yet, as the west Bengal government will have to wait for receiving the approval of the resolution by the central government Home Ministry. It must be noted that previously the Central government had rejected the West Bengal government proposals to have multiple names Bengali name Bangla, English name Bengal and Hindi name Bangal.
In 2011, the West Bengal government lead by Mamata Banerjee had proposed to rename West Bengal as Paschim Bango but it was rejected by the central government.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome