According to sources three years after the plastic ban was introduced in Bengaluru, the city’s civic body, has finally began enforcing the rule. Meanwhile officials of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s (BBMP’s) Solid Waste Management department on Tuesday and Wednesday conducted checks on retail outlets and raided shops of vendors of banned plastic items.
As per report the BBMP officials have managed to seize 1.5 tonnes of banned plastic items within a span of two days. Moreover according to officials with the BBMP’s Solid Waste Management Department, surprise checks were carried out in shops located in Avenue Road, KR Market and Neelasandra. Furthermore sources in the BBMP say that the officials seized banned plastic items weighing 1 tonne from just one shop located on Avenue Road.
BBMP official said “The BBMP is imposing a fine of
Rs 10,000 on those who own small shops and Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh for larger
shop owners. According to the official, the Palike began cracking down on
shops in KR Market and Avenue Road as these are the shops which sell plastic
items to shop owners from other areas in the city.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!