Accordingly a Mumbai based doctor, who set up a rehabilitation foundation to rescue mentally-ill persons living on the streets, along with a widely known Ladakhi engineer and education reformist, are among the six personalities named for this year's Ramon Magsaysay Award. Meanwhile Bharat Vatwani, who has been recognized for "his tremendous courage and healing compassion in embracing India's mentally afflicted destitute", started an informal operation of bringing mentally-ill street persons to their private clinic for treatment.
Moreover the other recipients of the annual honor include Cambodia's Youk Chhang, who has been honored for "preserving historical memory for healing and justice"; Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz from East Timor for "building a caring society brick by brick"; Howard Dee of Philippines for "Championing the human face of peace, justice and economic growth"; and Vietnam's Vo Thi Hoang Yen for "Claiming opportunities for the differently abled".
Furthermore the Ramon Magsaysay Award, recognized
as Asia's premier prize, is now in its 60th year of "honoring greatness of
spirit and transformative leadership in selfless service to the peoples of
Asia". Reports added the prestigious award is given to persons regardless
of race, nationality, creed or gender who address issues of human development
in Asia with courage and creativity, and in doing so have made contributions
which have transformed their societies for the better and the awards will be
presented on August 31.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!