Accordingly a Mumbai based doctor, who set up a rehabilitation foundation to rescue mentally-ill persons living on the streets, along with a widely known Ladakhi engineer and education reformist, are among the six personalities named for this year's Ramon Magsaysay Award. Meanwhile Bharat Vatwani, who has been recognized for "his tremendous courage and healing compassion in embracing India's mentally afflicted destitute", started an informal operation of bringing mentally-ill street persons to their private clinic for treatment.
Moreover the other recipients of the annual honor include Cambodia's Youk Chhang, who has been honored for "preserving historical memory for healing and justice"; Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz from East Timor for "building a caring society brick by brick"; Howard Dee of Philippines for "Championing the human face of peace, justice and economic growth"; and Vietnam's Vo Thi Hoang Yen for "Claiming opportunities for the differently abled".
Furthermore the Ramon Magsaysay Award, recognized
as Asia's premier prize, is now in its 60th year of "honoring greatness of
spirit and transformative leadership in selfless service to the peoples of
Asia". Reports added the prestigious award is given to persons regardless
of race, nationality, creed or gender who address issues of human development
in Asia with courage and creativity, and in doing so have made contributions
which have transformed their societies for the better and the awards will be
presented on August 31.
Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana? Reportedly congratulating KCR garu for winning the Assembly elections in Telangana,” said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon as it became clear that his nemesis K Chandrasekhar Rao was not just set for a comeback, but a sweeping victory in the Telangana polls.
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!