Washington sources reported that Donald Trump has said he would “certainly meet” Iranian president Hassan Rouhani without preconditions, a move that was later rejected by Trump’s own administration and one of Rouhani’s advisers. Meanwhile when speaking during a joint news conference with Italy’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, and Trump said he would meet Iran “anytime they want to”. “He will meet with anybody and there’s nothing wrong with meeting.”
Moreover when asked whether he would set any preconditions, Trump was clear. He said “No preconditions, no. If they want to meet, he will meet any time they want”. “Good for the country, good for them, good for us and good for the world, no preconditions. Moreover if they want to meet, he will meet.” Trump’s apparently spontaneous overture marked a significant shift in tone and follows escalating rhetoric in the wake of his dumping in May of the landmark Iran nuclear accord.
administration is set next month to begin reimposing sanctions that had been
lifted under the 2015 deal and has been ratcheting up a pressure campaign on
the Islamic republic that many suspects is aimed at regime change. Hence after
the comment, secretary of state Mike Pompeo appeared to contradict Trump,
listing preconditions that had to be met first.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open