Thanjavur from Tamilnadu sources stated that after a gap of six years, farmers and people of Cauvery delta districts are going to celebrate Aadi Perukku on August 3 with a brimming Cauvery and its tributaries. Accordingly thanks to heavy rain in catchment areas of Cauvery, Mettur dam filled up to its full level and water was released for cultivation on July 19 by the Tamilnadu Chief Minister Eddapadi K. Palaniswami this year.
Meanwhile water which reached grand anicut was released into Cauvery, Vennar, Grand Anicut canal and Kollidam rivers on July 22. Presently with all the rivers and canals full of water, people are eagerly awaiting Aadi perukku to celebrate it in a grand manner. V. Gopalan, a member of "Pongi vaa Cauvery" an organization to protect Cauvery River "Last year they celebrated Aadi perukku with bore water in the Cauvery at Thiruvaiyaru and this year the river is full and they have to really welcome mother Cauvery”.
Moreover last year, people in Thanjavur celebrated
Aadi Perukku with available water, released by government for Aadi perukku
celebrations, in the Grand Anicut canal. "This year it may be a different
story. From Grand Anicut, 8,016 cusecs is released into Cauvery, 7,008 cusecs
into Vennar, 2,017 cusecs into Grand Anicut canal and 2,003 cusecs into
First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS) According to sources Arunachal Pradesh becomes the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS), a solution developed by the Madras Security Printers, a company specializing in system integration and solutions for e-governance projects. Recently the End-to-end e-PDS system,
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi