New Delhi sources reported that after opposing any move to divide Karnataka, former prime minister and JD(S) supreme HD Deve Gowda on Thursday appealed to the people of north Karnataka not to get provoked by the BJP, and said the demand for a separate statehood for the region will not be met during his or his son and Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy's lifetime.
Meanwhile Gowda's remarks came on a day the Uttara Karnataka Pratyeka Rajya Horata Samiti, a committee fighting for a separate statehood to north Karnataka, called a day long bandh in 13 districts.he said "No injustice has been meted out to north Karnataka in allotment of funds in the state budget," and moreover hit out at BJP state president B S Yeddyurappa for trying to create unrest through "malicious propaganda".
He also told news agency that "The provocation
made by Yeddyurappa will not come true. We will take care of it. If some people
demand a separate north Karnataka, he wants to tell them it will not happen,
not during his lifetime and not during his son's lifetime”. Moreover he alleged
that the BJP state president is "provoking" people of north
Karnataka, as his "anger has not cooled down" after failing to form
the government despite winning substantial seats.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!