Washington sources reported that US government on Thursday accused Russia of carrying out a "pervasive" campaign to influence public opinion and elections, in public warning just months before crucial legislative elections. Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence "We continue to see a pervasive messaging campaign from Russia to try and weaken and divide the United States”.
Meanwhile a slew of top US officials including Coats, FBI Director Christopher Wray and Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen said they would continue to investigate and prosecute those who were trying to sway US opinion or carrying out what Wray described as "information warfare and this is not just an election cycle threat”. Further Wray said. "Our adversaries are trying to undermine our country on a persistent and regular basis, whether its election season or not."
Moreover the two men dismissed suggestions that
President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly denied Russia helped him get
elected, is not taking the issue seriously. Further in a letter to Congress,
National Security Advisor John Bolton said the administration had taken
"extensive, historic action" to stop the threat. Trump has mulled
easing sanctions against Russia. He has met with Russian President Vladimir
Putin and refused to criticize him for meddling in the 2016 election.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam