Chennai sources reported that ruling AIADMK party had denied permission to bury Karunanidhi at Marina, which is an important place in Chennai and which houses memorials of great leaders like Annadurai, MGR and former CM J. Jayalalitha. Previously it was stated that Karunanidhi had refused to bury leaders Kamaraj and Rajaji as they belonged to Congress. Presently the memorials for those two leaders are at Gandhi Mandapam.
Meanwhile as per report the counter affidavit which was filed by the state government before the Chief Justice of Madras High Court is looking into burial tussle and also reports that Karunanidhi is been allocated 2 acres of land at Gandhi Mandapam and not Marina for Kamaraj as the latter was not a sitting CM when he passed away.
Recently when speaking to reporters CR Kesavan the
great grandson of Rajaji said “It is not true and Rajaji was cremated according
to his wishes and moreover Rajaji Ninaivalayam situated at Guindy was designed
by Karunanidhi. Moreover a senior journalist of a leading publication said
Karunanidhi had not refused Kamaraj a burial at Marina either and like Rajaji
and Kamaraj was cremated at Gandhi Mandapam. The memorials are designed in such
a way that national leaders at Gandhi Mandapam and Dravidan leaders at Marina.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?