Chennai sources reported that ruling AIADMK party had denied permission to bury Karunanidhi at Marina, which is an important place in Chennai and which houses memorials of great leaders like Annadurai, MGR and former CM J. Jayalalitha. Previously it was stated that Karunanidhi had refused to bury leaders Kamaraj and Rajaji as they belonged to Congress. Presently the memorials for those two leaders are at Gandhi Mandapam.
Meanwhile as per report the counter affidavit which was filed by the state government before the Chief Justice of Madras High Court is looking into burial tussle and also reports that Karunanidhi is been allocated 2 acres of land at Gandhi Mandapam and not Marina for Kamaraj as the latter was not a sitting CM when he passed away.
Recently when speaking to reporters CR Kesavan the
great grandson of Rajaji said “It is not true and Rajaji was cremated according
to his wishes and moreover Rajaji Ninaivalayam situated at Guindy was designed
by Karunanidhi. Moreover a senior journalist of a leading publication said
Karunanidhi had not refused Kamaraj a burial at Marina either and like Rajaji
and Kamaraj was cremated at Gandhi Mandapam. The memorials are designed in such
a way that national leaders at Gandhi Mandapam and Dravidan leaders at Marina.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know