Hyderabad sources stated that Congress MLA Revanth Reddy on Tuesday filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) countering the Telangana government's decision to allot 16.27 acres of land at Raidurg village in Serilingampally mandal of Ranga Reddy district, to Swedish furniture retailer Ikea India Private Limited. Meanwhile in the PIL, Revanth said that the State government was biased towards the multinational company in allotting such valuable land free of cost.
He said “The government allotted the land without inviting for tenders and, by allotting the land free of cost and the government has suffered a loss to the tune of Rs 500 crore”. Earlier on Tuesday, a bench headed by Justice B Radhakrishnan will hear the petition in the court and the Kodangal MLA pleaded that the government broke the law by allotting land in the nomination process and that the government could have allotted the furniture store at any other location.
Furthermore Revanth mentioned that according to
government orders, land should be allotted only to IT companies. He said “The
public exchequer was benefited by just Rs 33 crore from the land allotment”. Moreover
the Congress leader requested the court to stall the business until the issue
is duly investigated and hyped launch event of Hyderabad IKEA is likely to be
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!