Hyderabad sources stated that Congress MLA Revanth Reddy on Tuesday filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) countering the Telangana government's decision to allot 16.27 acres of land at Raidurg village in Serilingampally mandal of Ranga Reddy district, to Swedish furniture retailer Ikea India Private Limited. Meanwhile in the PIL, Revanth said that the State government was biased towards the multinational company in allotting such valuable land free of cost.
He said “The government allotted the land without inviting for tenders and, by allotting the land free of cost and the government has suffered a loss to the tune of Rs 500 crore”. Earlier on Tuesday, a bench headed by Justice B Radhakrishnan will hear the petition in the court and the Kodangal MLA pleaded that the government broke the law by allotting land in the nomination process and that the government could have allotted the furniture store at any other location.
Furthermore Revanth mentioned that according to
government orders, land should be allotted only to IT companies. He said “The
public exchequer was benefited by just Rs 33 crore from the land allotment”. Moreover
the Congress leader requested the court to stall the business until the issue
is duly investigated and hyped launch event of Hyderabad IKEA is likely to be
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India