Kalaignar M Karunanidhi was the first chief minister who fought and won the right to hoist the tricolor on national importance day Independence Day, and yesterday, after his death has been wrapped in the tricolor in his last journey to his memorial near Anna memorial at Marina. Kalaignar Karunanidhi had been the chief minister of Tamilnadu for five terms, and years ago, it was a practice for governors to hoist national flag on eve of Independence Day and republic day.
It was Kalaignar M Karunanidhi who had appealed for a change in this practice demanding hoisting of tricolor on Independence Day by state chief ministers and on republic day by governors. He had written a letter to the then prime minister Smt. Indira Gandhi, penning his demand, and after receiving the approval, became the first chief minister in the country to hoist the national flag on August 15, 1974.
Following his death yesterday,
Karunanidhi has received government honors and has been fittingly wrapped in
the tricolors during his final journey, and it has been a perfect way to honor
the person who earned the right for chief ministers to hoist national flag on Independence
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!