Following the death of senior leader of Tamilnadu politics Kalaignar M Karunanidhi and his entry into a state of permanent rest, the whole state was in a non functional state, as all the shops were closed, buses weren't operational, and the roads being empty Sans traffic. There was no Chaos among people and the public had paid their condolences to one of the greatest leaders of Indian politics in a silent manner.
Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, the DMK chief had passed away on August 7th at 6:10 pm at the Kauvery hospital, following which the government ordered the closure of TASMAC shops across the state by 6 pm on August 7th. Yesterday was announced as a government holiday, and schools, colleges, and government offices, were not functioning. From morning, many including the nation's Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the general public had been paying their last respects to the elderly political legend who's been an integral part of lives of Tamils.
To prevent law and order issues and
chaos, shops were closed, and buses, autos and taxi services weren't
operational. It was a similar situation as that of a bandh, and yet there was
not a single incident of public violence or unrest reported, except tears from
DMK supporters and Karunanidhi followers, as the whole of Tamilnadu paid its
silent last respects to the legendary Kalaignar M Karunanidhi.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know