Following the death of senior leader of Tamilnadu politics Kalaignar M Karunanidhi and his entry into a state of permanent rest, the whole state was in a non functional state, as all the shops were closed, buses weren't operational, and the roads being empty Sans traffic. There was no Chaos among people and the public had paid their condolences to one of the greatest leaders of Indian politics in a silent manner.
Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, the DMK chief had passed away on August 7th at 6:10 pm at the Kauvery hospital, following which the government ordered the closure of TASMAC shops across the state by 6 pm on August 7th. Yesterday was announced as a government holiday, and schools, colleges, and government offices, were not functioning. From morning, many including the nation's Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the general public had been paying their last respects to the elderly political legend who's been an integral part of lives of Tamils.
To prevent law and order issues and
chaos, shops were closed, and buses, autos and taxi services weren't
operational. It was a similar situation as that of a bandh, and yet there was
not a single incident of public violence or unrest reported, except tears from
DMK supporters and Karunanidhi followers, as the whole of Tamilnadu paid its
silent last respects to the legendary Kalaignar M Karunanidhi.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018