30 year old post graduate student of the SV medical college located in Tirupati had accused three professors of sexually abusing her, and the student had also committed suicide following which the principal of the college has been replaced by Andhra Pradesh government. The student had committed suicide in Pileru of Chittoor district.
The student had reportedly accused three professors belonging to
department and had also sent a letter addressing governor ESL Narasimhan, to take action against the professors. After inaction and her death, a committee was formed by paediatric state government which included medical education director K Babji, and the team had visited SV college to investigate and enquire with other students regarding the case.
Two of the doctors
Kireety and Sasikumar were transferred and another doctor Ravikumar's suspension was extended, and there was massive protest in the college. Reportedly the student was not awarded marks in a proper way in her post graduate exams, and after she had complained on the three professors, they had later branded her as mentally unwell, that pushed her to take the extreme step of suicide.
Now the Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu has ordered
investigation into the same, and in response, the deceased student's representatives have thanked him for his concern adding that the professors and principal of the college weren't concerned though, and asked the CM to bring justice.
Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President? According to sources in a major embarrassment to Narendra Modi & his government, ex-French president FranÃ§ois Hollande has stated that 'Indian Govt proposed Reliance, we had no choice'. Hollande made these comments in his latest interview to a leading French newspaper. Meanwhile with such comments directly coming from the former French president, tempers arose in India between the government and Opposition.
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port