According to sources for the first time in 26 years, the Idukki dam was opened again as the water levels rose to just below 2399 feet in the reservoir, just 4 feet below its full capacity. Meanwhile at 12:30 pm on Thursday, one shutter of the Cheruthoni dam was opened 50 centimeters to let the water out. Reports added the shutter will remain open for 4 hours and 50 cubic meters of water is being released per second.
Meanwhile a statement released by Idukki Collector instructed all those living 100 meters along the stretch of the Periyar near the dam to relocate to safer spots. As per report the residents living along the lower areas of the river have been relocated to a location arranged by the village officer and their stay there will be taken care of. Recently the authorities instructed residents to keep all their valuables and certificates safe and instructed people to not crowd the banks of the river.
Furthermore the trial run will be heavily monitored by the KSDMA and KSEB
(Kerala State Electricity Board). Moreover with the water level
rising to 2399 feet, the reservoir only has 4 feet more to hit maximum capacity
and CM Pinarayi Vijayan announced via Facebook that the rescue boats
have been stationed to undertake operations in the low lying areas of
Ernakulam which are prone to flooding.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code