According to sources for the first time in 26 years, the Idukki dam was opened again as the water levels rose to just below 2399 feet in the reservoir, just 4 feet below its full capacity. Meanwhile at 12:30 pm on Thursday, one shutter of the Cheruthoni dam was opened 50 centimeters to let the water out. Reports added the shutter will remain open for 4 hours and 50 cubic meters of water is being released per second.
Meanwhile a statement released by Idukki Collector instructed all those living 100 meters along the stretch of the Periyar near the dam to relocate to safer spots. As per report the residents living along the lower areas of the river have been relocated to a location arranged by the village officer and their stay there will be taken care of. Recently the authorities instructed residents to keep all their valuables and certificates safe and instructed people to not crowd the banks of the river.
Furthermore the trial run will be heavily monitored by the KSDMA and KSEB
(Kerala State Electricity Board). Moreover with the water level
rising to 2399 feet, the reservoir only has 4 feet more to hit maximum capacity
and CM Pinarayi Vijayan announced via Facebook that the rescue boats
have been stationed to undertake operations in the low lying areas of
Ernakulam which are prone to flooding.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million