New Delhi sources stated that in a quick turnaround of events, YSR Congress party (YSRCP) decided to abstain from voting in the election for the post of Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman. Meanwhile when speaking to media here ahead of the voting, YSRCP Rajya Sabha MP Vijaya Sai Reddy clarified that the party was neither supporting NDA nominee Harivanshnor joint opposition candidate B K Hariprasad.
Accordingly Vijaya Sai Reddy said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which promised commitment to the development of Andhra Pradesh, cheated the people of the State. Moreover he also recalled that former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh verbally mentioned the Special Category Status (SCS) promise, but did not include it in the provisions under the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Act. 2014.
Moreover on the other said, the YSRCP leader criticized Telugu Desam Party for colluding with the Congress and the BJP. Reports added that the party wishes to elect all constitutional positions, including both the President and the Vice-presidents unanimously. Further JDU's Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected the Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairperson, winning the vote with 125 votes as against 105 of Opposition candidate B.K. Hariprasad.
P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs Accordingly Rajya Sabha MP, Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram questioned the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government in Telangana on the promises it made when it came to power in 2014. Chidambaram in a statement “Although this is a State election, Telangana is one of five States that are holding elections in November-December. Hence, these elections have acquired a national
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!
- Is Central govt watching Gaja?
- Chennai to get Rain for next 48 Hours
- What is the mood inside Janasena party?
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS, joins Congress
- Sachin says Sports & Education should go together
- Delhi faces Poor Air Quality in Mornings
- Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?