New Delhi sources stated that in a quick turnaround of events, YSR Congress party (YSRCP) decided to abstain from voting in the election for the post of Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman. Meanwhile when speaking to media here ahead of the voting, YSRCP Rajya Sabha MP Vijaya Sai Reddy clarified that the party was neither supporting NDA nominee Harivanshnor joint opposition candidate B K Hariprasad.
Accordingly Vijaya Sai Reddy said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which promised commitment to the development of Andhra Pradesh, cheated the people of the State. Moreover he also recalled that former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh verbally mentioned the Special Category Status (SCS) promise, but did not include it in the provisions under the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Act. 2014.
Moreover on the other said, the YSRCP leader criticized Telugu Desam Party for colluding with the Congress and the BJP. Reports added that the party wishes to elect all constitutional positions, including both the President and the Vice-presidents unanimously. Further JDU's Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected the Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairperson, winning the vote with 125 votes as against 105 of Opposition candidate B.K. Hariprasad.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open