New Delhi witnessed the gathering of some of India’s bravest children on January 24, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented the National Bravery Awards to them. From a 16 year old who fought off a tiger, to a 13 year old who lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning these three girls and 22 boys showed incredible bravery in the face of some very dangerous situations.
- Shivampet Ruchitha, Telangana
This 8 year old Shivampet Ruchitha became the youngest person to receive the award this year. On July 24, 2014, Ruchita saved two of her school mates when a train hit their school bus. She noticed that their bus had stopped on a railway track and a train was coming towards them. Showing extraordinary presence of mind, she pushed two students out of the window and jumped off the bus herself too. 16 students, the driver, and the conductor lost their lives in that accident. She was honored with the Geeta Chopra award.
2. Arjun Singh, Uttarakhand
In July 2014, a tiger entered 16 year old Arjun Singh’s house in Uttarakhand. He showed extreme courage and fought it off, saving his mother’s life who had fainted as soon as the tiger entered. Arjun went into a room and picked up a sickle to fight the tiger. As it was too small to hit from a distance, Arjun grabbed a stick and waved it towards the tiger and the villagers reached there and the animal ran away on seeing the crowd. Arjun received the Sanjay Chopra award.
3. Late Shivansh Singh, Uttar Pradesh
Shivansh Singh, a 14 year old medal winning swimmer from Faizabad, was posthumously honored with the prestigious Bharat Award. He lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning in the Saryu River.
4. SM. Aromal, Kerala
12 year old Aromal is one of the six winners from Kerala. He saved two women from drowning in a 14 feet pond and was honored with the Bapu Gaidhani Award
Public exam for 5th and 8th class! Earlier TN Govt had the no detention policy so that no student gets failed and is retained in the same class, considering the right to education which offers education without failing, till elementary school but now in an opposite decision the TN govt has announced public exams for even 5th and 8th class students.
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA