According to sources there has been no respite for residents in Idukki one of the worst-hit districts in Kerala, with continuous rains overnight. Meanwhile the water levels at Cheruthoni dam have touched 2401 feet, just 2 feet short of its full reservoir level and as of Friday morning, three shutters of the dam have been raised, with the CMO Kerala Twitter handle stating that 125 cusecs of water being discharged.
Moreover rains show no signs of letting up, and water levels in the dam continue to rise, more shutters may be opened. Presently authorities have also imposed a ban on the movement of heavy goods vehicles and tourist vehicles in the high ranges of Idukki. As per report for the first time in 26 years, one shutter of the dam was opened on Thursday as water levels rose to nearly 2,399 feet in the reservoir, just 4 feet below its full capacity.
Further Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi
Vijayan on Thursday night put out a statement saying that he had
spoken to Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the situation in the state. Meanwhile
Pinarayi Vijayan also said that he had called up his counterpart in Karnataka,
HD Kumaraswamy, to enquire about the situation in Karnataka, as parts of the
state were also hit by rains. Vijayan said “Kumaraswamy has said that the
Karnataka government had opened the shutters in the Kabini River to allow the
water from Banasura dam in Wayanad to be released”.
Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu Accordingly life in Jammu and Kashmir was adversely affected on Friday due to a protest shutdown called against the terror strike in the valley in which 45 CRPF personnel were killed in a suicide attack. Meanwhile the shutdown has been called by the Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI), an influential body of local traders and industrialists.
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?