Hyderabad sources added that after citing security concerns, Osmania University declined permission for Congress chief Rahul Gandhi's proposed meeting with students on its campus during his visit to the state on August 13 and 14. Meanwhile the University Registrar Ch Gopal Reddy said they declined permission as they had no mechanism to provide security to the Congress leader.
Furthermore he said they might review the decision if local police or any other government agency such as the special protection group (SPG) assures the University of Gandhi's security and “They declined the permission on security grounds, since Rahul Gandhi is a person under 'Z' plus category security cover, we will not be able to provide security for him”.
Moreover Reddy told “So we told the group of
students about their inability to provide enough security for his visit”.
Accordingly Telangana Congress leaders had earlier
said Gandhi would address students at the campus during his visit.
Moreover when asked about the proposed meeting at the University, Telangana
Pradesh Congress Committee president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said university
students had invited Gandhi. Further he alleged that some senior leaders of the
ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) did not want Gandhi to visit the
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018