Furthermore when terming its MLA Gagan Bhagat's remarks backing articles 370 and 35A of the Constitution as "unfortunate", the BJP's Jammu and Kashmir unit said it would file a defamation suit against former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for "wrongly" attributing the remarks to two BJP MLAs.
Meanwhile when seeking to clarify that the remarks backing Article 35 A was made only by Mr. Bhagat and not another BJP MLA Rajesh Gupta, the state BJP's chief spokesperson Sunil Sethi said Mehbooba Mufti wrongly attributed the remarks to both the legislators. Further stating that Mr. Bhagat crossed the "Lakshman Rekha" by extending support to the two constitutional provisions, which form bedrock of separatism in the state, Mr. Sethi said the party's disciplinary committee has already submitted its report to the party president for necessary action against him.
Mr. Sethi said there is no ideological difference
within the party over the issue of Article 370 and Article 35A of the
constitution. Moreover he said the Article 35A is because of the Article 370
which is the main reason for separatism in the state. Further on Mr. Bhagat's
remarks, he said his statements defending the constitutional provisions are
against the party and its interests and the disciplinary committee of the party
has taken serious note of it and submitted its report to the party president
for appropriate action.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?