Furthermore when terming its MLA Gagan Bhagat's remarks backing articles 370 and 35A of the Constitution as "unfortunate", the BJP's Jammu and Kashmir unit said it would file a defamation suit against former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for "wrongly" attributing the remarks to two BJP MLAs.
Meanwhile when seeking to clarify that the remarks backing Article 35 A was made only by Mr. Bhagat and not another BJP MLA Rajesh Gupta, the state BJP's chief spokesperson Sunil Sethi said Mehbooba Mufti wrongly attributed the remarks to both the legislators. Further stating that Mr. Bhagat crossed the "Lakshman Rekha" by extending support to the two constitutional provisions, which form bedrock of separatism in the state, Mr. Sethi said the party's disciplinary committee has already submitted its report to the party president for necessary action against him.
Mr. Sethi said there is no ideological difference
within the party over the issue of Article 370 and Article 35A of the
constitution. Moreover he said the Article 35A is because of the Article 370
which is the main reason for separatism in the state. Further on Mr. Bhagat's
remarks, he said his statements defending the constitutional provisions are
against the party and its interests and the disciplinary committee of the party
has taken serious note of it and submitted its report to the party president
for appropriate action.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall