Chennai sources reported that the multiplex chain PVR cinemas announced Sunday that they will be acquiring the iconic Chennai brand SPI Cinemas, which was originally called Sathyam Cinemas. As per report from PVR cinemas, the founders of SPI Cinemas, Kiran M Reddy and Swaroop Reddy, will continue to be associated with the business and will provide “strategic guidance in integrating the business with PVR.”
A press release from PVR said “Under the terms of the proposed acquisition, PVR would acquire 222,711 equity shares of SPI Cinemas constituting 71.7 % of the paid up equity share capital of SPI from existing shareholders for a total consideration of Rs 633 crores and issue 1.6 mn equity shares of PVR Limited constituting 3.3% of the diluted paid up equity share capital of the company pursuant to a scheme of amalgamation between SPI and PVR”.
Furthermore the deal is said to be totally worth
about Rs 850 crore. Moreover Kiran Reddy of SPI Cinemas said, “SPI Cinemas has
been revolutionizing the movie watching experience for its patrons by
consistently bringing in world class technology and innovative offerings and
they are excited to now partner with the largest Indian multiplex chain PVR as
this combines two proven business models and will create significant value for
moviegoers as well as all the stakeholders.”
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu