It has been said by inside sources that the competition for the post of DMK's treasurer has been the major reason for MK Alagiri's sudden outrage and extreme anger. Yesterday morning, DMK leader, the late Kalaignar M Karunanidhi's son Alagiri had visited his father's memorial at the Marina, and paid his respects, and later when he spoke to the press, said that he had the support of majority of the DMK cadre. This statement from Alagiri sent shock waves across the party, and the whole state is buzzing with the question as to why Alagiri made such a statement.
Following the demise of Karunanidhi, DMK is all set to witness a drastic transformation, and very soon, MK Stalin might take over the role of president of DMK. Besides, there are plans to appoint a new treasurer as well for the party, and the decision on the same will be taken in today’s general body meeting. It has been said that Alagiri had sought the treasurer post, and did not even ask even the president or any other role, besides also urging to immediately include him into DMK. However, on the other end, Kanimozhi had reportedly asked for the same post, and since she had been extremely active during the last rites of the leader, she had rightfully sought the role.
It has been said that several party members have emphasized on Kanimozhi's presence in national politics, while also adding that Alagiri might corner senior members, to Stalin. Now, Stalin is under pressure to choose between his siblings, and tomorrow's condolence meet is all set to turn into a party treasurer selection meeting.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu