As per report following unprecedented rainfall recorded in Kerala over the past few weeks, the death toll in the state due to rain related calamities has risen to 37. Meanwhile as many as 1,01,213 people have lost their homes due to floods and landslides in different parts of the state and are currently being housed at relief camps.
Accordingly close to 1,023 camps have been opened in the flood hit districts of Kochi, Palakkad, Malappuram, Idukki etc where 13,857 families have been housed. Presently according to the damage assessment that was done the rains have also destroyed 243 houses completely, and partially ruined 4,392 houses in the state. Meanwhile CM Pinarayi Vijayan in a memorandum submitted to the centre as per the preliminary assessment, the rains have caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore.
Earlier on Sunday Union Home Minister Rajnath
Singh along with tourism minister KJ Alphons undertook an aerial survey of the
flood hit parts of Idukki district where the Cheruthoni dam shutters had been
opened to release water. Moreover during a telephonic conversation between CM
Pinarayi and Rajnath Singh earlier on, the Home Minister offered all possible
help to Kerala for the flood relief operations. Further on Saturday, CM
Pinarayi Vijayan, opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala and chief secretary Tom
Jose had undertaken an aerial survey in the flood hit parts of Idukki.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai