Chennai sources stated that top Tamil star Rajinikanth on Monday suggested that Chief Minister K Palanisamy and his entire cabinet should have attended the burial of late DMK President M Karunanidhi last week at the Marina beach. Meanwhile the actor said he would have launched a protest if the government had appealed against a Madras High Court verdict, directing it to provide burial space to the Dravidian stalwart on Marina beach.
Furthermore when speaking at a memorial event organized by the South Indian Artistes' Association for Karunanidhi, the actor said that many leaders, ranging from state Governor Banwarilal Purohit to Congress president Rahul Gandhi, were present during the burial of Karunanidhi at the Marina. He asked "For his burial, the whole of India came and the state honors were given by members of the three armed forces. He was given a 21 gun salute, but one thing remains. Tamilnadu's first citizen, the chief minister, shouldn't he have come? Should not the entire cabinet have come? What will people think? Are you MGR (AIADMK founder M G Ramachandran) or Jayalalitha".
Further on the
controversy over allocation of burial space for Karunanidhi, which was done by
the state government on a court directive, Rajinikanth said he
himself would have launched a protest if the government had appealed against
the order. Heaping praise on his 'friend'
Karunanidhi, Rajinikanth said while many thousands had entered
politics due to him, "many hundreds became leaders" because of him.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party