Atal Bihari Vajpayee is a romantic at heart, Vajpayee wrote poetry in his spare time, and was a connoisseur of good food. He was born on December 25, 1924 in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh to a schoolteacher, Krishna Bihari Vajpayee, and Krishna Devi and today, his birthday is celebrated as ‘Good Governance Day'. Meanwhile after schooling, he graduated from Victoria College in Gwalior, now known as Laxmi Bai College.
Furthermore he did his M.A. in political science from DAV College in Kanpur. Following a brief flirtation with communism, he became a full time worker of RSS in 1947. Moreover Vajpayee subsequently entered journalism and was editor of Rashtradharma, a Hindi monthly, the Panchjanya Hindi weekly and the dailies, Swadesh and Veer Arjun.
Further he became a close follower of Syama Prasad Mookerjee, the founder
of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the precursor to Jana Sangh and later the BJP
and further under Mookerjee's tutelage, Vajpayee's right-wing philosophy
shaped. Moreover Vajpayee accompanied Mookerjee to Kashmir in early 1950s
during the BJS leader's fast unto death to protest the identity card
requirement for Indian citizens visiting the state. Accordingly Vajpayee is
survived by his adopted daughter, Namita Kaul Bhattacharya.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open