Reports added from this academic year here on, all second year engineering students of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and its affiliated colleges will have to take a compulsory course in Kannada. Accordingly the Kannada course, which was an audit course up until now, did not carry any weight age. Further even if the students know Kannada, it is mandatory for students in their third and fourth semester to attend these classes.
Moreover according to VTU Registrar HN Jagannath Reddy, Kannada will be a formal course and all engineering students must obtain a total of 175 credits. He said “Students must get at least 175 credits before completing engineering, and Kannada will carry credit points and moreover this course aims at teaching Kannada for students who do not know the language as well”.
He added “Those who have studied Kannada as a
second language (in ICSE and CBSE curriculum) and first language (state syllabus)
will have a separate course and this is to ensure that those who already know
Kannada will be studying the language at an advanced level”. Further those who
have studied Kannada up to class 10 will have to study the Kannada Manasu
course, and those who do not literate in Kannada will have to opt the Kannada
Kali course and the Kannada lessons will be held twice a week for 16 weeks.
KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name According to sources TRS chief and CM KCR, who has filed his nomination on Wednesday at Gajwel RDO office, has declared his assets both movable and immovable assets. Meanwhile KCR declared that he has no own vehicle and further he stated that he owns assets worth Rs 10.40 Crore and his wife Shobha has assets worth Rs 94.59 Lakh.
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!