Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that On August 15, as news channels in the rest of India celebrated Independence Day, Malayalam news channels did not have time to pause. Meanwhile they were in the midst of an unprecedented crisis, with flood waters engulfing large portions of the state. Furthermore this was a disaster of unimaginable proportions, and in the wrong hands, the coverage of the floods, too, could have been disastrous.
As per report the Malayalam TV channels in the state decided to keep calm and deal with the crisis in the only right way to do it: with absolute maturity and zero theatrics, where no one dived into water or got into a metaphorical bathtub and no one screamed or took credit for ‘being the first’ or ‘being the best’. Accordingly most of these channels received thousands of calls on their helpline, and many of them also suspend all ad breaks in order to show continuous coverage of floods.
An editor said “Many channels are planning to
collect funds for fishermen whose boats were damaged during rescue missions”, but
through the crisis, even when reporters on ground knew their own houses were
flooded and were reporting from precarious situations, they kept their calm. Moreover
there was hardly any screeching or blame-games, even when highly distressed
people called the channels or confronted reporters on ground, they were mature.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018