Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that On August 15, as news channels in the rest of India celebrated Independence Day, Malayalam news channels did not have time to pause. Meanwhile they were in the midst of an unprecedented crisis, with flood waters engulfing large portions of the state. Furthermore this was a disaster of unimaginable proportions, and in the wrong hands, the coverage of the floods, too, could have been disastrous.
As per report the Malayalam TV channels in the state decided to keep calm and deal with the crisis in the only right way to do it: with absolute maturity and zero theatrics, where no one dived into water or got into a metaphorical bathtub and no one screamed or took credit for ‘being the first’ or ‘being the best’. Accordingly most of these channels received thousands of calls on their helpline, and many of them also suspend all ad breaks in order to show continuous coverage of floods.
An editor said “Many channels are planning to
collect funds for fishermen whose boats were damaged during rescue missions”, but
through the crisis, even when reporters on ground knew their own houses were
flooded and were reporting from precarious situations, they kept their calm. Moreover
there was hardly any screeching or blame-games, even when highly distressed
people called the channels or confronted reporters on ground, they were mature.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai