Chennai sources stated that BJP leaders including Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan and party state president Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan on Wednesday evening brought the ‘kalasam’ (urn) containing the ashes of former Prime Minister A. B. Vajpayee to the city to be kept at party state headquarters Kamalalayam, for homage, and subsequent immersion on Aug. 26.
Meanwhile the urns containing the ashes were handed over to the state leaders by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and party president Amit Shah, in New Delhi earlier in the day. Furthermore as per report from the airport here, the BJP leaders took the ashes of Bharat Ratna Vajpayee, in a procession to Kamalalayam, for homage on Thursday by the members of the public, leaders of various parties and BJP members.
Moreover towards the evening, the BJP leaders will take the ashes to
Kanyakumari, Rameswaram, Madurai, Tiruchy, Bhavani in Erode and Adyar River in
Chennai and further the ashes will be taken in a procession and immersed
simultaneously at all the six places on Aug. 26, at 11 am. Accordingly Dr
Tamilisai would lead the 'Asthi Kalash yatra' in Chennai, Mr. Pon Radhakrishnan
will lead the procession in Kanyakumari, party MP L. Ganesan in Tiruchy,
national secretary H. Raja in Rameswaram, national executive committee member
C. P. Radhakrishnan in Erode and former state president K. N. Lakshmanan in
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers