Sources from Chennai stated that Chennaiites celebrated the 379th birthday of the city they call home by reconnecting with their history and appreciating the present. Meanwhile the uniqueness of commemorating such an event is that different people use their own skills to do so.
Accordingly a group of cyclists, Cycling Yogis, rode along the East Coast Road and marked out important heritage sites along it. With Mahabalipuram being not very far away, the stretch is filled with ancient temples and heritage buildings. Ramanujar Moulana of Cycling Yogis “Everybody looks at the heritage buildings within the city and the ones outside of it are forgotten. This ride was to bring awareness to these forgotten buildings of great heritage”.
Sridhar Venkataraman who conducts the walks said “These
walks are usually attended by food enthusiasts, youngsters but also people who
have lived here and shopped here for a long time but completely unaware of the
food scene”. Moreover another important feature is that people who usually
disregard street food or food from such small joints begin to appreciate them
after these walks and even children too celebrated it in various ways. Further some
walked through popular heritage sites in the city, along Valluvar Kottam,
Nungambakkam and Independence Day Park on a photo walk.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million