Kurnool sources stated that Kurnool police are coming up with newer restrictions, traffic diversions and even had suggested that many schools close down much before the stipulated time. Presently the town has been turned into a police fortress and all these measures are for Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu's scheduled Dharma Porata Deeksha.
Furthermore the police restrictions have turned out to be a hindrance to the people, who recalled that they had never ever seen such police activity in the town. Moreover they said that earlier on many occasions the AP CM had come to town for attending different events, but police restrictions, were never in place. Meanwhile as per report this was the first time that people are forced to face such hardships. Further many students have been taken into preventive custody on Friday itself sensing that they might protest at the CM's meeting.
Further apart from students, the police had also taken into preventive
custody persons who they thought would create problems near the Deeksha venue. Moreover
they have also rounded up intellectuals and social service organizations
leaders and the police personnel from neighboring districts of Anantapur and
YSR Kadapa districts were brought for maintaining law and order in Kurnool town
during Chandrababu's visit.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!