DMK senior leader Duraimurugan has been unopposed chosen as the treasurer of the party and an official announcement of the same will be made sooner. DMK has reached a crucial stage following the death of DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi two weeks back, and the party is all set to have a new president and treasurer.
While a general body meeting of DMK is to be held with MK Stalin presiding over the meeting, on August 28, an election for leadership and treasurer post was scheduled during the meeting. Yesterday Stalin and Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the posts of DMK chief and treasurer respectively. One can withdraw nomination filed before August 27, 1:30 pm. The voting will happen on August 28.
In such a situation, nobody other
than senior member Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the post of treasurer
during today's nomination process and as the deadline for nominations was today
4 pm, with none other than Duraimurugan coming to file nominations, he was
unanimously chosen as the treasurer of DMK.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know