DMK senior leader Duraimurugan has been unopposed chosen as the treasurer of the party and an official announcement of the same will be made sooner. DMK has reached a crucial stage following the death of DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi two weeks back, and the party is all set to have a new president and treasurer.
While a general body meeting of DMK is to be held with MK Stalin presiding over the meeting, on August 28, an election for leadership and treasurer post was scheduled during the meeting. Yesterday Stalin and Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the posts of DMK chief and treasurer respectively. One can withdraw nomination filed before August 27, 1:30 pm. The voting will happen on August 28.
In such a situation, nobody other
than senior member Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the post of treasurer
during today's nomination process and as the deadline for nominations was today
4 pm, with none other than Duraimurugan coming to file nominations, he was
unanimously chosen as the treasurer of DMK.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing