New Delhi sources stated that the Congress claimed on Sunday the "ad hoc" policies of the BJP-led government at the centre has put the Indian economy in "dire straits", and took a dig at Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, saying writing blogs cannot increase investment. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala alleged the manner in which the Modi government has sought to "suppress 'back series'" of a report on the GDP and attempted to distort them, is now out in the open.
Surjewala said “Jaitleyji, your Govt has left our economy to dire straits and investment is in doldrums". Meanwhile the GDP Back Series Report 2011 was made public earlier this month. As per report the economy recorded a 10.08% growth rate in 2006-07 under then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the highest since liberalization of the economy in 1991. Furthermore the government has said the report was an unofficial document that has not been accepted by it and it has also said the report was at discussion stage and its acceptance will be based on wider consultation.
Moreover Surjewala also
claimed that the gross fixed capital formation as a per cent of GDP was 34.3%
in 2011-12. In 2013-14, he said, it was 31.3%, but in the past three years, it
has remained constant at 28.5% and has impacted growth. Further he said Jaitley
should know that the present government had inherited an economy that was on an
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!