New Delhi sources stated that the Congress claimed on Sunday the "ad hoc" policies of the BJP-led government at the centre has put the Indian economy in "dire straits", and took a dig at Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, saying writing blogs cannot increase investment. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala alleged the manner in which the Modi government has sought to "suppress 'back series'" of a report on the GDP and attempted to distort them, is now out in the open.
Surjewala said “Jaitleyji, your Govt has left our economy to dire straits and investment is in doldrums". Meanwhile the GDP Back Series Report 2011 was made public earlier this month. As per report the economy recorded a 10.08% growth rate in 2006-07 under then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the highest since liberalization of the economy in 1991. Furthermore the government has said the report was an unofficial document that has not been accepted by it and it has also said the report was at discussion stage and its acceptance will be based on wider consultation.
Moreover Surjewala also
claimed that the gross fixed capital formation as a per cent of GDP was 34.3%
in 2011-12. In 2013-14, he said, it was 31.3%, but in the past three years, it
has remained constant at 28.5% and has impacted growth. Further he said Jaitley
should know that the present government had inherited an economy that was on an
Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss? Superstar Rajinikanth celebrates his 69th birthday today and on eve of the day, his numerous fans are celebrating with various events and his next movie Petta teaser was also released and fans are going Gaga over it. With BJP losing heavily in the state assembly elections, it has been said that Rajinikanth has decided to delay his political entry further.
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery