According to sources Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) accused FabIndia of using its trademark ‘khadi’ illegally and demanded Rs 525 crore compensation in a legal notice. Meanwhile after KVIC moved the Bombay High Court over the issue on June 13, FabIndia, an apparel and home furnishings store, has now given an undertaking that it won’t be using the word ‘khadi’ in current or future products.
Moreover and if they do use the word, they will intimate KVIC about the same in advance, FabIndia counsel Janak Dwarkadas told the High Court. Accordingly FabIndia will also file its response to KVIC’s petition within four weeks, as per Justice SJ Kathawala’s directive. Meanwhile according to an unnamed lawyer quoted in a report, “Now, since the company has agreed not to use the term ‘Khadi’, the dispute about damage and compensation will commence.”
Previously KVIC had also issued a notice to
FabIndia in 2017, saying, "It is an illegal act and, in other words,
amounts to indulging in unfair trade practice." Furthermore KVIC had also
argued in earlier hearings at the Bombay High Court that FabIndia had continued
to misuse their trademark to sell their garments despite communication from
KVIC, including the legal notice, asking them not to do so. Recently a FabIndia
spokesperson had denied these allegations and called them ‘baseless’ and said
that any legal action by the KVIC will be defended by them 'vigorously'.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party