According to sources Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) accused FabIndia of using its trademark ‘khadi’ illegally and demanded Rs 525 crore compensation in a legal notice. Meanwhile after KVIC moved the Bombay High Court over the issue on June 13, FabIndia, an apparel and home furnishings store, has now given an undertaking that it won’t be using the word ‘khadi’ in current or future products.
Moreover and if they do use the word, they will intimate KVIC about the same in advance, FabIndia counsel Janak Dwarkadas told the High Court. Accordingly FabIndia will also file its response to KVIC’s petition within four weeks, as per Justice SJ Kathawala’s directive. Meanwhile according to an unnamed lawyer quoted in a report, “Now, since the company has agreed not to use the term ‘Khadi’, the dispute about damage and compensation will commence.”
Previously KVIC had also issued a notice to
FabIndia in 2017, saying, "It is an illegal act and, in other words,
amounts to indulging in unfair trade practice." Furthermore KVIC had also
argued in earlier hearings at the Bombay High Court that FabIndia had continued
to misuse their trademark to sell their garments despite communication from
KVIC, including the legal notice, asking them not to do so. Recently a FabIndia
spokesperson had denied these allegations and called them ‘baseless’ and said
that any legal action by the KVIC will be defended by them 'vigorously'.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees