Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin on Wednesday slammed the Centre for jailing five civil rights activists, which he alleged betrayed the regime's "authoritarian mindset". As per report it was stated that the brazen attempt by the Union Govt to imprison its critics reflects an authoritarian mindset that disregards civil rights. Meanwhile the space for dissent is essential to every democracy.
DMK Chief MK Stalin said he demanded that the Centre should "drop all such unconstitutional actions immediately". Furthermore Stalin had made clear his resolve to take on the Centre even during his 'coronation' speech at the DMK General Council session on Tuesday, when he accused the BJP regime of trying to saffronize the country and called upon his party cadre to join him in waging a war against it.
Moreover the reports of the nationwide crackdown
early Tuesday morning on the rights activists by the Pune police who labeled
them as 'urban naxals' involved in the Bhima Koregaon violence on January 1,
must have reached the DMK chief soon after his party's GC meet.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees