Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin on Wednesday slammed the Centre for jailing five civil rights activists, which he alleged betrayed the regime's "authoritarian mindset". As per report it was stated that the brazen attempt by the Union Govt to imprison its critics reflects an authoritarian mindset that disregards civil rights. Meanwhile the space for dissent is essential to every democracy.
DMK Chief MK Stalin said he demanded that the Centre should "drop all such unconstitutional actions immediately". Furthermore Stalin had made clear his resolve to take on the Centre even during his 'coronation' speech at the DMK General Council session on Tuesday, when he accused the BJP regime of trying to saffronize the country and called upon his party cadre to join him in waging a war against it.
Moreover the reports of the nationwide crackdown
early Tuesday morning on the rights activists by the Pune police who labeled
them as 'urban naxals' involved in the Bhima Koregaon violence on January 1,
must have reached the DMK chief soon after his party's GC meet.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code