Chennai Egmore high court has opposed the action of jailing of May 17 Organization coordinator Thirumurugan Gandhi under anti national activity prevention laws. In a public meeting in Nungambakkam, Chennai, in 2017, Thirumurugan Gandhi had said, Tamilnadu will face a protest similar to the one held in Palestine. This was said as a reason by Police, who accused him and filed a case under Unlawful activities Prevention act.
Yesterday, Thirumurugan Gandhi was brought to Egmore high court, and an important argument was kept forth by his side. They had said that, on the day said by police when Thirumurugan Gandhi had made the speech, he was arrested and was in jail, and they asked, how a person in jail could have made such a speech. This proves that it was a fake case, and it was added that police had been accusing him with complaints aging more than 3 years, following which Justice Rosline Durai intervened and asked the basis on which he was accused, and why wrong date was mentioned.
After that, police said that had
committed a mistake by mentioning wrong date, which further caused displeasure
to the judge. The judge had also asked the police commissioner to give an explanation
on September 14.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!