Bengaluru sources stated that Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy called on Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and sought Rs 1,118.40 crore financial assistance for the flood hit districts of Karnataka. Meanwhile in the meeting, the chief minister requested the Home Minister to release funds from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the state has witnessed huge damage in seven districts including Kodagu and Hassan due to floods and landslides.
Kumaraswamy told reporters after the meeting "About Rs 3,435.80 crore losses have been estimated. We have sought from the Government of India about Rs 1,118.40 crore relief". Moreover the Home Minister has assured early release of funds under the NDRF and would send a central team soon to assess the extent of damage.
Reports added that Kumaraswamy said that this
is in an interim proposal and a detailed one will be submitted later after the
survey is completed fully. Accordingly heavy rains had lashed out during
July 6-20 in Malnad and coastal districts and during August 6-20 in Kodagu and
parts of Dakshina districts, triggering flash floods and landslides. Moreover from
the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), the Karnataka government said in the
proposal that it has already released Rs 30 crore to Kodagu and Rs 19 crore to
Malnad and coastal districts for relief and rescue operations.
A guy has registered his Sex as 'Neutral' A Dutch citizen has registered his gender as 'Neutral' at the Roermond’s Limburg District Court. The Dutch citizen won the case after he registered the case as he wished to register neither as a male nor a female. Even though the judges urge the lawmakers to recognize him as 'Third gender' he was persistent to take over it as 'Neutral'.
- First Ever Dog Park been inaugurated in Kondapur
- Mark monitors how much we use FB
- India is the highest recipient of remittances
- US labeled the Chinese Warship's Actions unsafe
- Toll Gate Charges hiked!
- Why Swami Paripoornanandha joined BJP?
- Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm