Bengaluru sources stated that Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy called on Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and sought Rs 1,118.40 crore financial assistance for the flood hit districts of Karnataka. Meanwhile in the meeting, the chief minister requested the Home Minister to release funds from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the state has witnessed huge damage in seven districts including Kodagu and Hassan due to floods and landslides.
Kumaraswamy told reporters after the meeting "About Rs 3,435.80 crore losses have been estimated. We have sought from the Government of India about Rs 1,118.40 crore relief". Moreover the Home Minister has assured early release of funds under the NDRF and would send a central team soon to assess the extent of damage.
Reports added that Kumaraswamy said that this
is in an interim proposal and a detailed one will be submitted later after the
survey is completed fully. Accordingly heavy rains had lashed out during
July 6-20 in Malnad and coastal districts and during August 6-20 in Kodagu and
parts of Dakshina districts, triggering flash floods and landslides. Moreover from
the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), the Karnataka government said in the
proposal that it has already released Rs 30 crore to Kodagu and Rs 19 crore to
Malnad and coastal districts for relief and rescue operations.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes