According to sources Music composer AR Rahman on Sunday pledged Rs 1 crore for relief efforts in Kerala, which faced its worst rain and floods in the past 100 years. Meanwhile the composer took to twitter to announce that he and his team of artists have donated the money to the Kerala Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). He tweeted “From his artistes and touring the USA, to our brothers and sisters of Kerala! May this small offering help in providing you some relief!”.
Presently Rahman is on a concert tour in the United States of America and made this announcement after his show in Washington. Meanwhile he will be back in India on September 5 for the music launch of Mani Ratnam’s latest release Chekka Chivantha Vaanam, where he will be performing the songs live.
Furthermore several celebrities have done their bit
to help Kerala get back on its feet. Actors like Mammooty, Mohanlal,
Nayanthara, Karthi, Keerthi Suresh, Raghava Lawrence, Vijay, Dhanush, Suriya
etc. have donated to the CM’s relief fund. Further till August 31, the CM’s
relief fund had collected over Rs 1,000 crore in the form of donations.
Moreover the website is being updated real time and for those with concerns
about how the government is utilizing the funds received so far, the website
has a page stating the transparency rules.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers