Just as the creation of Ganesha has different stories, there are numerous stories revolving around the initiation and the way in which the festival is celebrated. There are different versions over how the festival began getting celebrated and few believe that it was initiated during the Maratha warrior king Chatrapati Shivaji and is celebrated from then.
Later there were not many celebrations, until the popular freedom fighter Lokmanya Tilak reintroduced the festival we celebrate today. The birth festival of Lord Ganesha, Ganesh Chathurthi, is observed during Bhadra month between mid August / September and this year the celebration will happen between August 25 and September 5. Prior to the festival, clay models of Lord Ganesha are made and painted, and decorated and worshipped for 10 days.
The procession begins from 11th day and people dance and sing prayers worshiping their deity's idol, and then the idol will be taken to water bodies and immersed. The immersion indirectly means the merging of Parvati and Shiva into Ganesha.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall