Washington sources reported that the Trump administration is seeking to initiate steps against social media companies for allegedly stifling free exchange of ideas and hurting competition. Meanwhile the Department of Justice said US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has convened a meeting of the state attorney general’s in this regard.
The department's spokesman Devin O'Malley said "The attorney general has convened a meeting with a number of state attorneys general this month to discuss a growing concern that these companies may be hurting competition and intentionally stifling the free exchange of ideas on their platforms". Furthermore the Justice Department has listened to the senate intelligence committee hearing on social media.
Reports added that social media platforms find
themselves caught between some policy makers arguing that they have a moral and
legal obligation to remove legal, but offensive, content, and others who are
calling for these companies to be punished for censoring some of this extreme
political speech, ITIF vice president Daniel Castro claimed. Moreover he said
social media platforms have the right to determine what type of legal speeches
they will permit on their platforms "It is inappropriate for the federal
government to use the threat of law enforcement to limit companies from
exercising this right.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy