The Supreme Court has ordered that there is no necessity for international teams to analyze the issue with Mulla periyar dam. Last month, there had been heavy rainfall in Kerala following which it was demanded to reduce the water level of Mulla Periyar dam and an appeal was made at the Supreme Court, by a person named Rusell Joy.
The bench of Supreme Court had heard the petition and had ordered the disaster management team to analyze and look into the issue of reducing the water level of Mulla Periyar Dam. It had also said that the team can make the decision and the two states must accept the decision made by the team. The disaster management team had ordered the reduction of level to 139 feet, following which the earlier fought and gained level of 142 feet by Tamilnadu was set to fail.
Yet again the case came to hearing
and the TN govt had said that it was feasible to store water up to 152 feet,
and opposed the order to reduce to 139 feet. The court had pushed the verdict
while also dismissing the claims of the petitioner to deploy an international
team to look into the issue, thereby becoming a setback for petitioner Rusell
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?