Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump said he’s ready to impose tariffs on an additional $267 billion in Chinese goods on short notice, on top of a proposed $200 billion that his administration is putting the final touches on. Meanwhile the implementation of tariffs on $200 billion of products from China “will take place very soon depending on what happens,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One. “He hates to do this, but behind that there is another $267 billion ready to go on short notice if he wants.”
Furthermore US stocks erased gains after Trump’s remarks, with the S&P 500 Index falling by 0.3 percent to the lowest in two weeks by 1:26 p.m. in New York. Recently Trump tariffs threats, if he follows through, would more than cover the value of all goods the US buys from China, according to US government data from last year. Moreover the US imported $505 billion of Chinese products in 2017, Census Bureau figures show.
Moreover when levying duties on all Chinese purchases would hit and Hun
Quach, vice president of international trade for the Retail Industry Leaders
Association, said by phone “every aspect of our American lifestyle so the
clothes that we put on our back, the food that we eat, the cars that we drive,
the shoes that we wear”. Hence the Trump administration has already
slapped duties on $50 billion of Chinese exports since July, which spurred
immediate in-kind retaliation from Beijing.
India moving towards 5G: PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country’s telecom sector has revived from its period of “darkness” and are among the fastest growing sectors in the country. Meanwhile when speaking at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the India International Convention and Expo Centre here
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD