Thoothukudi sources reported that Tamilnadu government rejected a suo motu groundwater analysis conducted by the Union Ministry of Water Resources in Thoothukudi district, where the Sterlite copper smelter plant is located. As per report the study which was conducted without the knowledge of the state government, has been slammed by Tamilnadu as “vague and unscientific”.
Meanwhile the Ministry of Water Resources had instructed to the Central Ground Water Board to conduct a study on September 5, 2018. Accordingly the concluding paragraph of the Centre’s study states, “It is to mention that the investigation team couldn’t enter into the premises of M/s. Sterlite Copper Industry for collection of representative samples from inside and outside of industry; because district authorities sealed the Sterlite Copper Plant following the Governments order to close down the plant permanently.”
Furthermore in a strongly worded letter to the
Union Ministry, Chief Secretary Girija Vaidyanathan hit back, saying the study
was both inappropriate and unwarranted. Moreover, the letter alleges that the
report was commissioned to “prejudice the Government of Tamilnadu and the
TNPCB” in cases pending before the Courts. Finally it also stated that such a
report was likely to upset the normalcy that has been restored in Thoothukudi.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7