After the rise of prices of Petrol and diesel, Tamilnadu also witnessed full-fledged bandh. Though there was not much impact created by the Bharath Bandh at several places, the opposition parties were involved in staging protests at various places of the state. Many parties including DMK, Congress and leftwing parties participated in the strike, and despite that, it did not create much impact in the state.
However at several places of the state, widespread impacts were seen, as many commercial trading organizations did not function today, and factories were closed, and at the same time, government buses were functioning like usual. Traders association had participated in the bandh full fledged, and an approximate count of 65 lakh shops did not work yesterday.
However government offices and other
offices related to public sector departments functioned normally. Government
had passed orders to run buses with police protection. Lorries and autos were
not running as well, and this had created considerable impact in Chennai.
Fishermen also participated in this Bharath Bandh.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code