As England had ended day 2 at 9/1 leading by 22 runs, in the first test between India and England, the third day of the test began with Ashwin removing Jennings (8) and skipper Joe Root (14), while Ishant Sharma removed Malan (20), and the settled Bairstow (28) as England was reeling at 5./85.
Yet again Ishant Sharma removed Stokes and Jos Butler, however, Sam Curran stood between India wrapping the England innings quick, as he scored a composed knock of 63(65b, 9x4,2x6), taking England to 180, leading by 193 runs. Ishant Sharma ended with impressive figures of 5/51, while Ashwin had scalped 3/59.
With 194 needed to win the match, India began their second innings on a disastrous note, as Broad removed openers Murali Vijay (6) and Shikhar Dhawan (13) in quick succession, and Stokes removed KL Rahul(13), leaving India in deep trouble at 46/3. However, skipper Virat Kohli yet again
lead from the front, anchoring his innings, and scoring runs at a steady pace.
Despite losing Ashwin (13) and Rahane (2), Kohli partnered with Dinesh Karthik, to forge a stand, as the Day 3 ended with Kohli unbeaten on 43(76)* and Karthik on 18(44)*, with India on 110/5, needing 84 runs to win and 5 wickets remaining.
Dinesh Karthik reveals reason for loss! India had lost the last T20 international against New Zealand and ultimately lost the series as well 2-1, and lost the match by 4 runs. In the last over the match, there was an opportunity for a single to run in the third ball, but Dinesh Karthik refused to run and provide the strike to Krunal Pandya, and Krunal stayed at the non striker's end.
- Cricketer arrested for attacking another cricketer!
- Suresh Raina files complaint!
- Impressive fine by Ranji coach!
- India loses T20 series as New Zealand wins by 4 runs - Time for MSD to retire
- #NZvIND - India wins second T20 at Eden Park and register their first victory against Blackcaps in New Zealand
- Smriti makes history but India loses!
- Dhoni's talk behind the stumps goes viral
- #NZvIND - Clueless India faces SHAMEFUL and BIGGEST DEFEAT EVER in T20 HISTORY
- Never leave your Crease with MS Dhoni behind the stumps
- 2023 World Cup will be in India!
- #INDvNZ - INDIA FACES SHAMEFUL DEFEAT in DEAD RUBBER
- Ambati Rayudu banned from bowling by ICC!
- #NZvIND - India seal Historic Series Victory in Newzealand with an unassailable 3-0 series lead!
- #NZvIND - India wins Second ODI and is just one step closer to Historic ODI Series Victory
- Dhoni's tactics help bowlers!