As the first day of the fourth test between India and England held at Southampton began with England all out on 246, and India ending the day at 19/0, the second day of the 4th test began with Stuart Broad scalping both the Indian openers, Dhawan for 23(53) and KL Rahul for 19(24), as India was 50/2 at a point.
Entered middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara and skipper Virat Kohli, who laid foundation for a good score, by patiently settling down, and picking bad deliveries and hitting them clean, before Kohli was dismissed by Curran after scoring a valuable 46(71), whole Pujara stayed firm, and scored some nice shots on his way to a stunning century, as he anchored the innings very well.
While Pujara was scoring steadily at one end, he was losing support at the other end, as Rahane was dismissed by Stokes, while Moeen Ali bundled the lower order of Indian batting line-up which fell like a pack of cards, as he scalped Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Ashwin, Shami and Ishant Sharma, and ultimately, India ended on 273, with a lead of 27 runs, with Pujara remaining unbeaten on a valiant ton of 132(257b,16x4)*. Now as England gained 233 run lead they keep their noses ahead. But Pujara promised to show a good battle as India can chase any score.
Kohli Dhoni help India to level ODI series The second ODI of India's tour of Australia began with Aussies winning the toss and batting first. Aussies had a disastrous start as they lost openers Carey 18(27) and Finch 6(19) early while Jadeja brilliantly ran out Khawaja for 21(23), leaving Aussies reeling at 82/3.
- Which players will replace Hardik & Rahul?
- Dhoni does it for special fan!
- Australia win by 34 runs against India - Time for Kohli to step down and Rohit Sharma to get captaincy!
- Hardik Pandya's Koffee with Karan episode deleted by Hotstar
- Rohit Sharma jokes on Rishab!
- Pandya seeks apology, given notice!
- Indian players rise up ICC rankings!
- Hardik Pandya faces online attack!
- KL Rahul's noticed for sportsmanship!
- #TeamIndia makes History and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy with a historic 2-1 series win!
- India likely to win Test series 3-1
- #AUSvIND - Rain stands between India and a Victory after Day 3
- Rishabh Pant, the baby sitter turned centurion!
- Pujara, the Mr Dependable!
- #AUSvIND - Rishabh Pant scores 159* and drops a easy catch - India in Driver's Seat